Conversations with leading figures in technology, ethics, philosophy, and theology.
RSS FEED LATEST EPISODES
A conversation with Dr. Tyler Wittman and Dr. R.B. Jamieson on how to read the Bible accurately – Digital Public Square
In this episode, I am joined by Dr. Tyler Wittman and Dr. Bobby Jamieson to talk about their new book Biblical Reasoning and how to read the Bible accuratelyMeet Drs. Wittman and JamiesonDr. Wittman received an M.Div. in Christian Ministry and a Th.M in Systematic Theology from the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, and his Ph.D. in Divinity from the University of St. Andrews. He currently serves as Assistant Professor of Theology at New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, and is the author of God and Creation in the Theology of Thomas Aquinas and Karl Barth which explores the nature of God’s relation to creation.Dr. Jamieson received his M.Div and Th.M. from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, and received his Ph.D. in New Testament from the University of Cambridge. He currently serves as an associate pastor at Capitol Hill Baptist Church in Washington D.C. and has authored several books including Sound Doctrine: How a Church Grows in the Love and Holiness of God and Going Public: Why Baptism Is Required for Church Membership among others.Resources:Biblical Reasoning: Christological and Trinitarian Rules for Exegesis by R.B. Jamieson and Tyler WittmanOn the Incarnation by AthanasiusOn God and Christ by St. Gregory of NazianzusThe Catechetical Lectures of Saint Cyril by Saint CyrilCommentary on the Gospel of John by St Thomas AquinasThe Digital Public Square is a production of the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission and is produced and hosted by Jason Thacker.Production assistance is provided by Kadin Christian. Technical production provided by Owens Productions. It is edited and mixed by Mark Owens.
- A conversation with Dr. Tyler Wittman and Dr. R.B. Jamieson on how to read the Bible accurately
- A conversation with Dr. Michael Niebauer on virtue ethics and Christian missions
- A conversation with Dr. Gavin Ortlund about Christian theism and nature of apologetics
- How do we follow Jesus in a digital age?
- A conversation with Dr. Ross Hastings on pastoral ethics and moral formation
- A conversation with Jay Y. Kim on discipleship in the digital age
- The Centennial Episode
- A conversation with Sarah Eekhoff Zylstra on grace and discernment with social media
- A conversation with Dean Inserra about sexual ethics and the Bible
- A conversation with Dr. Paul D. Miller on Christian nationalism